Saturday, June 15, 2013

Under the Weather

Being sick sucks. A few days ago my throat started hurting on the left side every time I swallow. As always, the moment I swallow and feel pain I pick up my iPhone and urgently scroll through my contacts to find my doctors number. 

After waiting for an hour and listening to kids cry in the waiting room, the Dr. was finally able to see me. He told me to open my mouth while he shined a light in and used what seemed like a yard stick to hold my tongue down. Of course, I gagged and almost threw up. As he ignored my gagging, he told me that I had tonsillitis. I was thinking...again..for the 3rd time?? Seriously?? 

He prescribed me a double z-pack and sent me on my merry way. 

3 days into the double z-pack I feel no different. I am hoping that it will kick in tomorrow and my throat will magically stop feeling like shards of glass every time I swallow. We shall see. 

Thankfully, I have amazing family to help me out. My Aunt came over today. She brought me some more medicine, fed Jackson lunch, washed bottles, and let me take a nap! I love her! I owe her big time. :)

Jackson projectile vomited half of a bottle this morning. All over my new floral hand woven rug. Then he turned and smiled at me. I stared at him in disbelief before putting him in his exer saucer, grabbing a dry towel and getting on my hands and knees to soak up as much formula as I could. While I was doing this, Jackson was giggling and bouncing himself all around in his little contraption. I'm not sure why he did that, but he ate well and was happy the rest of the day.

I am trying to keep my distance from him, so he does not get sick. He has been congested (maybe why he projectile vomited?), but other than that he is a very happy boy! 

I was sad that due to me not feeling well and Jackson's vomiting episode this morning, we missed the first birthday party that Jackson has been invited to. :( We even went to Target and bought a cute gift and everything! Boo!

Hope tomorrow goes better than today! Taking life one day at a time. John can not get home soon enough....

-Carol Ann




No comments:

Post a Comment