Monday, August 12, 2013

John is home!!!

The day I had been waiting for for 14 months came last Friday, August 2,2013. My husband returned safely from Afghanistan and was able to meet our 7 month old son for the first time. Words cannot describe how exciting and overwhelming the entire day was. It was surreal to see him hold our son and love on him. It made my heart melt! 

Since last Friday we have had a BBQ at our house in Dallas and all of our family and friends in that area came to see John. After the BBQ we came to Galveston, where we currently are, and have been here a week. It feels so good to be able to relax at the beach house with no agenda. 

John is catching on to Jackson's schedule very fast. It's weird how before coming home he had never changed a diaper in his life, and now he is changing poopy diapers, bathing, feeding, and cleaning up after Jackson like he has been here from day 1. I am so proud of how John has jumped in head first and is already being the best dad! 

I am very excited to see what the future holds for my sweet family!



No comments:

Post a Comment