Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Holiday Season

My favorite season is Fall. I love everything about it. I am pretty sure I own every pumpkin scent of everything that is available. Not only does my house have pumpkin scented candles, scentsy, and plug-ins around every corner, but my class room smells of pumpkin as well! I just cannot seem to get enough.

Football is the best sport. There is no better feeling than being in College Station, Texas (God's Country), at step off, with the Corps of Cadets, before a football game. The moment the canon booms and the band roars the sweet tunes of the Aggie War Hymn, every last hair on my arms are standing straight up, and I get that same chill down my spine. It is the feeling of pride that I have for the Aggies, and the commitment that I have to cheering them on every Fall season.

Fall leads up to Christmas, and Christmas is the grandest holiday. The smell of cinnamon sticks and orange slices in the crock pot  fills the house. The wassail is ready to be served, as mom's Christmas mugs are lined up perfectly on the counter awaiting the warm remedy to fill them. Christmas trees of every size are in each room, all decorated to a particular theme. Presents are piled under, next to, and around the main Christmas tree in the living room. All the traditional, matching stockings are hung on the mantel. Holiday music can be heard on the TV through the laughter and cheer of people celebrating the joyous occasion. Children are gathering cookies and milk for Santa to put on the fireplace. Then, they are snuggling up in bed and closing their eyes, hoping that he will come soon. There are so many reasons why Christmas is the best, and those are only a few.

My favorite season is Fall. I love everything about it. Football season, the weather changing from warm to cold, wearing leggings/skinny jeans with riding boots, ridiculously large sweaters and scarves, Starbucks seasonal drinks/cups, Hay rides, the leaves changing colors, school being back in order, and leading up to Christmas are all reasons why Fall is the greatest. I just can't seem to get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment