Monday, July 1, 2013

Galveston-Summer 2013

After a long drive to College Station from the Frio river, a semi-short drive to Katy from CS and an easy drive to Galveston from Katy, we finally made it! We are unpacked and settled in for the week at my Grandmas bay house in Jamaica Beach, Galveston, Texas. 

Recently Jackson has been extra fussy during feeding time. He hates to drink his bottle and he fights me on it the whole feeding session. It has been exhausting the past couple of weeks. My mom and I were thinking that maybe he is teething and his gums are sore so sucking on the bottle nipple is painful. However, we have been in Galveston for 2 bottle feedings and both times he drank the whole bottle with no complaints. It was such a relief. I have been dreading feedings recently due to the constant crying/screaming on Jackson's part verbally and my part mentally. He also ate carrots and apple sauce for dinner. He opened his mouth for every bite and did not give me any trouble. It was really great. I am hoping that he keeps it up!

My grandma has tempurpedic mattresseson the beds in the sailboat themed room. They are amazing! She didn't think they were comfy enough so she bought tempurpedic mattress toppers as well! Basically, it is a dream bed. 

I really enjoy coming to this house. My grandma is super chill and laid back so you can do as you wish. That means if you want to lay on the couch and watch the Tour de France all day, go for it! Or if you want to take the kayak or paddle board out in the canal or ocean, she's cool with that too. 

My Uncle took my little cousins to the beach tonight while I stayed back and gave Jack a bath and put him to bed. They also took Kyle (my dog) with them to the beach. When they got back they told stories about Kyle jumping in the ocean to fetch after a ball. They even said that a man came over and asked if he could throw the ball/play with Kyle for a while because he loves dogs but due to his hectic work schedule can not have one. My uncle mentioned that more than one person came up to him and told him that he had such a cool dog. I guess people are amazed by a wiener dog who loves water! 

I am excited to take Jackson to the beach this week for the first time! I will for sure take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment